What if the way we welcome our guests is the way we welcome the Holy Spirit? What if the manner in which we prepare for company is similar to the way we accept Christ in our lives? Perhaps in your life you don't see any parallels. I think I've found a few in mine:
- I love to serve. When I'm "doing" I feel like I'm being obedient to the Most High God I love.
- Sitting and being still with The Holy Spirit is fine...for a few minutes. I want to listen, but come on H.S., hurry it up just a bit; we've got stuff to do together.
- I find motivation to do just about any activity if I feel it has eternal purpose and serves God's children.
- I trust God. I think I do. I want to.
- I don't clean up anything in my life to look good for others. I clean up out of respect for what I have and what I've been given.
- I hope my home and my heart is a sanctuary that others can enjoy without clutter, confusion, or conflict.
- I'm working on it. I mean, I'm letting Jesus work on it...."Ahem, Jesus, I see a little mess over here you missed. Would you like me to get that?"
How do you host the Holy Ghost?